Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Maintenance of Positivity... The Movement continues.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 5:17am
It's past four in the morning and I needed to get some stuff off my mind...
(disclaimer: I just read this after I finished writing it and it's way tooo long... so it's all good if you don't read it haha)

First and foremost, I am so thankful for the opportunity that has been presented to myself and the rest my crew members that have been chosen to represent kaba modern on this show. This whole thing has been an extensive learning experience about myself and life in general. None of this would be possible without God. This is just a tiny microscopic portion of his master plan unfolding.
To ANY supporters, I am SO thankful. Someone once told me, "when you are inspired by someone, you are in turn inspiring them". I completely agree. I believe there is an ongoing cycle of inspiration that repeats itself. It's an ongoing mutual source of positvity that causes growth and change. When a person inspires a fan, that fan will go on to inspire someone else in the future.
So Thank you to all the supporters who have in turn re-inspired me to continue what I love doing. I apologize if I haven't responded yet to any messages, but I'm definitely trying (computer access is limited here). At moments where it has been difficult, the support has definitely lifted my spirits (and I know the rest of the crew feels the same).

As for the show, this experience has been a huge learning experience about how I view life. It's definitely been a spiritual experience with God for me as well. I've had alot of time to reflect and really try to understand what my purpose on this show is. God has given me this opportunity to share my passion with a wide audience (wider than I'm used to) for a reason. I've been pretty curious as to why I've been given this opportunity. There are soooooooooooooooo many other talented dancers out there that could be on this show instead. But I was fortunate enough to somehow land onto this show. Although I'm still not sure what God has in store for me, what I do know is that I'm determined to spread a message. Why? Because I know that if the purpose of this show was just to have the best dancers in America on a TV show, then I wouldn't be on the show. It's gotta be something more then that.

Dancing is just the bait. I'm still trying to gather a final mission statement that I would like to pass on and advocate for the rest of my life. But the one thing that I do know that is unwavering, is Positivity and Faith. To be honest, lately I've been sort of shaken up in terms of my view on life and reality. But what I've realized is that no matter what happens in any situation you have to search for that ounce of good and roll with it! I've been watching alot of news lately (because we're cooped up in a hotel) and I see so many murders happening these days and freak accidents happening everywhere. The harsh realities of life are becoming more apparent to me and it's making me realize furthermore how much the notion of positivity is important.

But I'm also realizing that the next step in this positivity movement is faith. In all situations, you gotta have faith. You have to know no matter how grim a situation may seem, you gotta have faith that when there's a will theres a way. As long as that 0.0000001% chance of that great thing happening is there, that's a 100% more than 0%. hahah and I know that may seem overly optimistic. But that means that its worth it to try an multiply that 0.0000001% and push out of a negative situation. Because the end product will be worth it. Change is necessary. Change will only happen when YOU decide to something about it.

I believe positivity is the first step in initiating change because you need to be positive to even believe that change is possible.

The next step is Faith. Faith will fuel motivation and create action.
I'm just gonna start wrapping this up though because this is getting way too long haha. If you've read this far... MADD PROPS! haha if not, it's cool I don't blame you. I just needed to write... this is very therapeutic for me.
Honestly, bottom line if you haven't read any of this.... pray. God will hook you up with answers and more. Just seek Him and He will answer. Guranteed. And it doesn't hurt to be positive about situations. Try it. Spread the word. Positvity will help you get through life. Not luck.
God Bless!


Sincerely,
Mike Song

5 comments:

vib3z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vib3z said...

I agree. Without positivity the world would be in total chaos. All the bad things going on in the world is proof. I'm glad that there are people like you in this world to start a positive trend. Especially since you are able to motivate and inspire people with your amazing talent. I wish there were more people like you, I'm pretty sure there are but they haven't reached to that certain "realization" yet. However, they are lucky to have people like you to encourage them to step up and spread the word as well. I'll be over here, although in a completely different area, trying to do what you do. Inspire.

Thank you for inspiring me, not only to dance but to make a positive movement as well. Individually we are only a stroke of God's paintbrush, together we are God's art.

God bless you too.

-Jackie C.

Mees said...

With positivity comes HOPE and with HOPE, we are optimistic that whatever we wish will come true, putting fill confidence in ourselves and others around us.

Thanks for the inspiration =)

Unknown said...

thanks for the positive thoughts.
it helps me change the way i see problems.

Unknown said...

Oh my hananim.

This was refreshing.